Tuesday 31 March 2015

London Design Week - Easter Inspiration

I had high hopes for my visit to London Design Week at Design Centre Chelsea Harbour a few weeks ago, and it certainly was an impressive collection of interior design shops, but not really an exhibition as I had expected (do your homework better next time Anne...). I struggled to take photos as virtually all the beautiful displays were window displays, and as such behind glass full of light reflections. Tricky, as there were a lot of colours and details that I wanted to capture.

One of the first displays that caught my eye was this one from a shop selling tableware, and I think it illustrates beautifully that plain white china is the ultimate choice, as you can accessorise and style it for any season or event.




The mood throughout was elegant and very highly polished, it felt like wandering through a hotel with lots of beautiful compartments. So this 'casual' display of felt, burlap and damask together in the Elitis window was cute in a 'we don't take ourselves too seriously, mais ne touchez pas' kind of way





No comments:

Post a Comment