Monday 13 April 2015

Bamboo

This spring seems to be awash with beautifully curved cane (or rattan, or bamboo) chairs, all promising creaky retro relaxation. I'd like to pile one full of cushions and place it in the bay window of our bedroom - a place to curl up and read before bed.

It should be a little wide, so that I can pull my feet up, and with a high back so that I can lean back properly...

Photo: IKEA

IKEA's NIPPRIG bamboo armchair above is a snip at £50 and looks very comfortable. It's part of a limited collection which was launched at the end of March, so I'm going to have to get myself down to IKEA very soon (not that I ever mind a trip to the big blue & yellow warehouse, it's like a giant play pen for adults).

My future bedroom chair actually looks quite similar to the much (much much!) more expensive
Fåtölj 311 designed by Josef Frank for Svenskt Tenn in the 30's. Which I can't afford - and which isn't sold here in the UK anyway.

Photo: Svenskt Tenn


 Photo: Fastighetsbyrån / Styling: Michael Beckman


Photo: Ellos


Photo: Maria Soxbo at Formex January 2015 via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment