Friday 13 February 2015

30 Degrees in February - New Scandi Drama

Oh joy, Sky Arts has decided to fight BBC4 for the Scandi drama crown! 2014 was full of Scandi delights on television, and thankfully there is a new series taking over from Arvingerne/The Legacy, which ended on Wednesday. Tonight sees the start of Swedish drama 30 Degrees in February on Sky Arts 1.


Danish historical drama 1864 is also lined up, and Norwegian comedy series Lilyhammer has added Bruce Springsteen to it's latest series (joining the main character played by E-Street band mate Little Steven). I found Lilyhammer series 1 simply too much to bear, it was too close to the bone and I couldn't see the funny side. Perhaps it's my Norwegian side which can't laugh at myself. I found it depressing. However, Bruce Springsteen... I might have to try it again.

One Norwegian TV-series which had me in stiches, and which I wish NRK would export to us is Borettslaget, a faux fly-on-the-wall documentary from a borettslag (a group of blocks of privately owned flats with a resident's association) in central Oslo. It's cheap, it's corny, it's great.



No comments:

Post a Comment