Sunday 8 November 2015

Careful in the Dark

Now that it's getting darker earlier I'm pulling out my little reflector badges and fastening them to my coat pockets. The ones I have are the classic flat plastic ones on a string, a bit like the cat's eye on a bicycle, and they glow as soon as the headlights of a car approach me in the dark. While I lived in brightly lit London I had no need for them but now that I live in a small town and walk everywhere, often along narrow darkened roads, I find them very useful for highlighting my presence to drivers.

Photo: Dagbladet.no
 
I admit that they don't look fashion-forward in any way, so I'm going to order one of these reflective tassels from Firefly to attach to my handbag. And probably a few to give away as Christmas presents. Finally an attractive reflector!
 
 
Photo: Firefly.com
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment